Life at the end of the road

April 25, 2011

Hardly worth the effort :-(

Filed under: animals, daily doings, Land Rover — lifeattheendoftheroad @ 10:28 pm

Two hours I’ve been messing about on here trying to upload a video to YouTube, I friggin hate computers and all this technology 😦 Seven useless Fuji cameras I’ve had but at least you could edit the video clips in ‘windows movie maker’. As regular followers will know I’ve never had a Fuji go the full twelve months without self destruction so I bought me a Panasonic DMC-FZ38. This is a great camera apart from two things, one, the accountants have deemed it too expensive to supply a hand book so they give you a CD to read it on your laptop. Now excuse me if I’m a little ‘rustic’ but what friggin use is that, can I keep this new digital hand book in my glove box???? can I peruse it whilst at a loose end in the ferry queue, can I quickly skip through all the cr4p I don’t want to see at the flick of a thumb??? Can I f***k, no I’ve got to lug a frigging computer around with me just to see how to operate the ‘panorama assist’ whatever that is. I wouldn’t know because I’ve no friggin book to tell me, why do we put up with this cr4p??? My second gripe is the format that it takes videos in, and judging by several cruises around the world wide web I’m not alone in this criticism. It takes them in a format that’s not compatible with ‘WMM’, now I’m no great fan of Bill Gates and Microsoft’s grip on the whole computer thinygmabob  but most of the worlds computers run on Windows so why not make the camera work on it ????

Anyway, this bright and fine spring morning I left home for work and spotted a group of hinds and one young stag at Tarbert just a few hundred yards down the road.

240411 012

Here he is with his first tiny sprouts, not big enough to be hanging around with the ‘big boys’ yet so he’s keeping close to mum and the girls 🙂

240411 013

Stopping just by ‘snow plough corner’ I thought I’d shoot a video

 

which lasted for about one minute yet took me two hours to remove the boring 25 seconds in the middle as I had to download http://download.cnet.com/Avidemux/3000-13631_4-10829933.html?tag=main;productListing to do it. As if that wasn’t enough for a ‘wurzel’ like me to cope with I couldn’t upload the file to YouTube until I’d tried a couple of different formats.

Anyway, after passing the deer I came across this buzzard at Glame,

240411 019

I see him regular but he’s usually away before I get the camera out.

As was expected for Easter Monday it was pretty quiet leaving Raasay at 7:55 but not at Sconser where two tractors were fighting for space on the ferry 🙂

 

240411 027

The 285hp Case beating the 360hp Fendt on account of his trailer being shorter 🙂

 

240411 020

240411 021

Whilst there were plenty of trailer loads arriving on Raasay today courtesy of JST  http://www.jstservices.co.uk/ there was one left with a very old Raasay resident on board, courtesy of ARD  http://yorkshire4x4tours.co.uk/

240411 023

Peter Stillman’s ‘Old girl’ had found a new home in Yorkshire 🙂 Having lived on Raasay longer than me this fine series IIa 109 was heading south on the back of a much younger relative,

 240411 024

where, judging by the photo gallery http://www.ard4x4.com/contact-us/photo-gallery she’ll be well looked after 🙂

Advertisements

6 Comments »

  1. Good to see an old Land Rover being cared for, they are like gold over here.
    Tony

    Comment by Tony — April 26, 2011 @ 3:59 am

    • Morning Tony,

      I read somewhere that something like 33% of all Land Rovers ever built are still in use, I didn’t believe it but I read it 🙂 They are certainly easy and cheap to get spares for though.

      Cheers, Paul

      Comment by lifeattheendoftheroad — April 26, 2011 @ 5:25 am

      • No, no, no. It goes like this. 85% of Land Rovers are still on the road. The owners of the other 15% managed to make it home without breaking down! rimshot

        🙂

        Comment by Andy — April 26, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

      • “No, no, no. It goes like this. 85% of Land Rovers are still on the road. The owners of the other 15% managed to make it home without breaking down! rimshot”

        To be fair it did say ‘in use’ so that could mean as hen houses, pig stys or garden sheds 🙂

        Comment by lifeattheendoftheroad — April 26, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

  2. Nil Carborundum, Paul. You and I know Landy’s are long term survivors!
    Can reccomend Kodak Easyshare Z950 as a good cheap digital btw.

    Comment by lloyd — April 26, 2011 @ 10:07 pm

    • Glad you’re still keeping up Lloyd 🙂

      Comment by lifeattheendoftheroad — April 27, 2011 @ 9:54 pm


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: